Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club (RMFTC) Forums  

RMFTC.COM Club Info Club Discounts Forums Home How-to articles Photo Gallery Store Trail Runs
Go Back   Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club (RMFTC) Forums > Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club > Vehicle Related

Old 08-09-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
y33dave

Default PIAA Air Dam

Hey Matt..

since you are the local PIAA representative I was wondering if you had a inside contact for the PIAA 30530 air dam ...

I really like the look of that valance .. but want to find the best price before I commit to buying one!

thanks !

Dave
Old 08-09-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
mattadams
RMFTC Complain Queen

Send a message via AIM to mattadams Send a message via Yahoo to mattadams Send a message via Skype™ to mattadams

Dave, sorry no contacts. I've got a used one you can have if you want it. Dom mentioned something about wanting it so technically hes got first dibs. But its yours. It's painted green, so you'd have to repaint it... or I can sweet talk my body shop and they might be able to paint it. Only catch is it doesn't come with the brackets and stuff needed for the lights, I'm planning on just re-using those.
Other then that, I think 4-wheel parts had the best price of anywhere I checked.
mattadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:25 PM   #3
y33dave

YEAH DAWG!!

If Dom doesn't come good on taking it ... I totally want it ! I'd even work out a deal with your shop (case of beer... etc) to have it painted flat black or something of the sorts ...

as far as the light brackets .. I'm okay with having to fabricate something if needed.

Does yours have the hardware to install the air dam at least ?

Dom ??????

whatcha gonna do?

Dave
Old 08-09-2004, 09:54 PM   #4
mattadams
RMFTC Complain Queen

Send a message via AIM to mattadams Send a message via Yahoo to mattadams Send a message via Skype™ to mattadams

all it takes is about 12 nuts/bolts. You can have the old ones. I should warn you my airdam is not in perfect condition. For the most part you can't tell but where the tow hooks go in I had to remove some plastic twice as i went through two seperate brushguards that mounted differently. Unless your looking for it or looking at the airdam from underneath, you can't tell though.
Dom was looking into the possibility of getting a 99-03 front bumper, because thats whats needed for the airdam and hes got a 97-98.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:09 AM   #5
y33dave

That's cool ..

Like I say - if Dom doesn't want it .. I'd like to look at it and see if it will work for me .

You see, I got into a little fender bump last year in our first little snowstorm. Some moron was basically turning right onto a one way right in front of me .. and by the time I was up to him I was locked up on cold/freezing pavement ... needless to say my truck didn't completely stop before bumping into this guy and my tow right tow hook went right through his bumper valance --- breaking my valance around the right tow hook. As it would be .. I've priced out the OEM valance vs the piaa and others .. and found them all to be about the same price. So, like I say - If I can find a piaa that's in better shape than my broken OEM .. I'd rather go with that look!

Long story short ... we'll see what Dom wants needs and go from there!

Dave
Old 08-10-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
CNTRYCOWBOY

Send a message via AIM to CNTRYCOWBOY Send a message via Yahoo to CNTRYCOWBOY

Dave, go for it! I just now saw this post, and I've thought about it and I'm gonna pass on it.

Dom
CNTRYCOWBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:53 PM   #7
y33dave

SWEEEEEET!

I guess now I owe you a beer or two .. maybe at the poker party if'n you can make it !

Thanks ..

Dave

Matt .. email me and we'll set it up !
Old 08-10-2004, 07:41 PM   #8
mattadams
RMFTC Complain Queen

Dave, its just lying over on the side of my parents house... You can come get it sometime and decide if its something you for sure want or not... my feelings won't be hurt either way.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:22 PM   #9
y33dave

I can probably come by one day this weekend to give it a look ...

send me an address and maybe a phone number to confirm .. and I'll set it up!

y33dave@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Dave
Old 08-22-2004, 05:57 PM   #10
mattadams
RMFTC Complain Queen

OK, Dave didn't take it... if anyone else wants it, you are more then welcome to it! If not, in the trash it will go...