Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club (RMFTC) Forums  

VISIT OUR FACEBOOK GROUP! RMFTC.COM Forums Home How-to articles Store Trail Runs
Go Back   Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club (RMFTC) Forums > Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club > Official Club Business

Old 02-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
mattadams
RMFTC Complain Queen

Send a message via AIM to mattadams Send a message via Yahoo to mattadams Send a message via Skype™ to mattadams
Default Anyone interested in taking over club duties?

I feel like the club has been pretty dead lately, and I feel I'm much to blame. I have a boring vehicle, I don't do car shows, and I never go four-wheeling. Most of it is time, but also just a change in life interests, traveling too much for work, not having a cool vehicle anymore, yada yada... but either way I feel like I haven't done much in trying to organize events, recruit new members, advertise the club, etc. to others.
In reality, a lot of online forums have been slowing down a lot since social networking through facebook, etc. but I just looked and we've had like three posts in a month...
So... my question is... is there anyone who might be interested in assuming the responsibilities of leader of the club who might have more passion and excitement for it than I have had in recent years? I can continue to assume the costs and administrative overhead associated with the site, because it really isnt' that expensive... just want to make sure that the club has a proper leader who gives it their all...
Old 02-26-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
dannan_w
Diesel Lover

Forums in general are dieing out. I've seen 3-4 completely close down in the last few years. I understand if you want to let this one fizzle out....
Old 02-28-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
Hypoid
Trail Adoption Leader/Coordinator

I am down to one Ford, and it is a lawn ornament.

One of the things I see on other forums, is the ability to post from mobile devices.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:10 PM   #4
mattadams
RMFTC Complain Queen

Send a message via AIM to mattadams Send a message via Yahoo to mattadams Send a message via Skype™ to mattadams

yeah, I've looked into it. It can be done with an upgrade of the software... Unfortunately the upgrade costs around $200... which... if the site was used actively, I probably wouldn't mind... but it already costs me about $150/year to host the site, so it gets to be a spendy proposition .
I only have one ford and it's basically a glorified grocery getter/uber extra income generator. LOL.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:47 PM   #5
mattadams
RMFTC Complain Queen

Just to make sure I clarified that last point, because re-reading it makes it sound like it's all about the money, which of course it isn't... but it does cost some money to run the site. I refuse to run ads and always have.
The site runs about $150/year to host, but I also host a few other personal websites on it, so I can't say that is 100% RMFTC, but close...
The vbulletin forum software and photopost, at the time it was purchased back when the clubw as started, was around $200-300, as I recall...

The only money I've really ever made was from the sale of club stickers, but I haven't sold any of those in months, possibly years... I've got a fair amount sitting at home, but they are probably going to risk going bad at some point. Even on the stickers, I don't make a fortune... a couple of bucks per sticker, in the long run...

So, it costs money to run the site and host it. Which I'm happy to spend, knowing that the club will live on... but I don't feel I have the level of personal commitment that I think a leader should have for it, the kind of passion I had when the club was started (since I actually had a cool truck, did cool things like off-roading, truck shows, etc.), and it'd be nice if someone else had that kind of passion for it...
Old 03-10-2017, 02:15 AM   #6
Hypoid
Trail Adoption Leader/Coordinator

And a Ford truck (that runs)?
Old 03-11-2017, 12:17 AM   #7
mattadams
RMFTC Complain Queen

That would certainly help... LOL.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #8
84broncoII
Good guys finnish last :)

Send a message via MSN to 84broncoII Send a message via Yahoo to 84broncoII

I'm getting all misty.😓

Three explorers94s and a broncoii
62GMC1500 wideside D/D(dead)
66Chevy Custom Camper my [New Home?]
Pick on My chevies ,Or pick Your nose .doesn't affect Me .
The world is full of asholes That doesn't mean I want to go around smelling them.sometimes it just cant be avoided.>>>WHO POOPED?
Old 03-11-2017, 06:56 AM   #9
84broncoII

I'm posting from a mobile device just can't do pics

The world is full of asholes That doesn't mean I want to go around smelling them.sometimes it just cant be avoided.>>>WHO POOPED?
Old 03-13-2017, 04:51 PM   #10
1freaky1
RMFTC Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to 1freaky1

I rarely get on any of the forums anymore.
My 2012 Fusion SEL daily driver

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a manís character, give him power. ~Abraham Lincoln, 16th President, United States
Old 03-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
84broncoII

Default Too bad tag ur it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1freaky1 View Post
I rarely get on any of the forums anymore.
U have to do it because your the only one

Old 04-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #12
bronc_17113
RMFTC Addict

Send a message via AIM to bronc_17113 Send a message via Yahoo to bronc_17113

Make it a Facebook group
Old 04-04-2017, 12:23 AM   #13
mattadams
RMFTC Complain Queen

Well after a bit of discussion (on facebook, naturally, LOL) I decided to go ahead and set it up as a facebook group... this'll make it easier on me to maintain, though without some of the advantages of the forums/photo galleries/etc. (but if people weren't using them anyway... are they really advantageous?)
Feel free to search for RMFTC or Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club on facebook, or visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/RMFTC/

At some point I will send out an email to all the members of the forum letting them know of the new site... and at some point will probably set the forums to read only, and start editing and removing some of the other irrelevant pages on the site (which admittedly I've gotten pretty lazy on updating... such as the trail adoption page, the member profiles page, etc.).

Right now anyone can add other members to the group and any member of the group can authorize other members to join.

Last edited by mattadams; 04-04-2017 at 12:29 AM.